Unable to reach PODAAC

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
alaroy
Answers: 0

Unable to reach PODAAC

by alaroy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:28 am America/New_York

I have been trying to reach PODAAC since 1/28/2023 about missing OSTIA sea surface temperature data.

At least two emails to podaac@podaac.jpl.nasa.gov have not received any response. (There is a note on their main page saying "We are currently experiencing an issue with our mail server" so it might be a known issue).

Going to their forum (http://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/forum) leads to a page that says it is offline due to a scheduled system upgrade.

Is there a phone number I can call to reach someone at their help desk, please? Alternatively maybe someone from earthdata can please contact them and let them know they are effectively un-contactable right now.

-Thank you!

Tags:

PODAAC - colleen
User Services
User Services

Re: Unable to reach PODAAC

by PODAAC - colleen » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:23 pm America/New_York

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We greatly apologize, as we have had a mail server issue the last couple of days.

I have notified our GHRSST data engineer of the issue you are experiencing, and he is currently working on this matter and will get back to you shortly.

Again, my sincere apologies.

Respectfully,
Colleen Schroeder
PO.DAAC User Services

PODAAC - colleen
User Services
User Services

by PODAAC - colleen » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:16 pm America/New_York

The missing data for collection OSTIA-UKMO-L4-GLOB-v2.0 days 1/30,1/31 and 2/1 are available now and can be accessed here:

https://cmr.earthdata.nasa.gov/virtual-directory/collections/C2036877535-POCLOUD/temporal/2023/01

Respectfully,
PO.DAAC User Services

PODAAC - colleen
User Services
User Services

by PODAAC - colleen » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:54 pm America/New_York

User Update

I figured it was probably an email problem or something similar, PODAAC is usually very good about correcting problems when they come up.

Our scripts have retrieved the missing data, thank you!