GEDI L1B

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
meiyuanchen
Answers: 0

GEDI L1B

by meiyuanchen » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:36 pm America/New_York

hello!I am processing the GEDI L1B Geolocated Waveform Data (https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/products/gedi01_bv002/). This product provides geolocated corrected and smoothed waveforms.Does this mean that the 1B data has already been smoothed and I don't need to smooth it again when processing the waveform and can just denoise it for subsequent processing such as Gaussian decomposition?

Thanks
Maye

Tags:

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

Re: GEDI L1B

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:30 am America/New_York

Hi @meiyuanchen Thank you for your question. I have passed it along to our Data Lifecycle Team. We will respond when we have any answer. Thanks!
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

LP DAAC - lien
User Services
User Services

Re: GEDI L1B

by LP DAAC - lien » Wed May 03, 2023 9:18 am America/New_York

Hi Maye,
Sorry for the delay, we passed your questions to the GEDI developers for their suggestions, please see the following:
See the L2A ATBD. Only minor smoothing (2 ns Gaussian width) has been applied to reduce high frequency noise and eliminate ADC artifacts. The user may wish to apply additional smoothing (as is done in L2A processing) but that depends on the details of what they are trying to do.
Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Thanks,
LPDAAC Team.