Geojson file not found

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
ckhamila
Answers: 0

Geojson file not found

by ckhamila » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:55 am America/New_York

I set up python environment, set up GEDI_Subsetter.py in the directorate, read my files but roi is not being detected. I changed roi to the same dir as gedi subsetter, changed again to where my .h5 files are, and changed again to its own directorate but whichever place it is, I get the same error message that roi not found. See the screenshots below. Omitted some info. from the screenshot but it is still clear.

I have re-downloaded data severally, subsetting using bounding box and even shapefile but the error still persist. I am not sure what I could be doing wrong. Please, a quick feedback will be highly appreciated because I am stuck at this point.
Attachments
gedi2.PNG
gedi2.PNG (459.37 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

ckhamila

Geojson file not found

by ckhamila » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:44 pm America/New_York

From the screenshot below, the geojson file is unable to be detected but it is present when I display it in the command prompt. I have tried putting gedisubsetter, geojson and .h5 files in one folder and even individual folder but still geojson file cannot be detected.

I have redownloaded the data just within my area of interest using the shapefile and edited the code from python to remove region of interest section but ran into an error that the module pyogrio or fiona needed to be installed. I installed them but I have not had any success to convert my data to geojson.

A quick feedback will be appreciated.
Attachments
gedicmd.PNG
gedicmd.PNG (73.78 KiB) Not viewed yet

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

Re: Geojson file not found

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:19 pm America/New_York

hi @ckhamila I have passed your question along to our developers. One of our staff members will post here with a response. Thanks.
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:19 pm America/New_York

Hi @ckhamila I have forwarded your additional question on to our developers. Our staff will respond when we have an answer. Thanks!
Last edited by LP DAAC - dgolon on Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:43 pm America/New_York, edited 1 time in total.
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

LP DAAC - mahsajami
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by LP DAAC - mahsajami » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:41 pm America/New_York

Please download/clone the most recent code in the repository. Save your GEDI data in a separate folder (C:\Users\BM\data) and keep the "GEDI_Subsetter.py" and "BlueMountain.geojson" in "C:\Users\BM\". Activate the Python env you created (gediproject) and run the line below in command line:
python C:\Users\BM\GEDI_Subsetter.py --roi C:\Users\BM\BlueMountain.geojson --dir C:\Users\BM\data