download VIIRS data via LAADS by using token

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
marcolaiolo
Answers: 0

download VIIRS data via LAADS by using token

by marcolaiolo » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:21 am America/New_York

Dear Staff,
I'm writing because since Easter I tentatively download data from LAADS, from Collection 5110 and 5200, but the download speed is very slow and unstable switching from 10 Mb to 200 Kb, but, on a whole, is very very low resulting somewhat frustrating download a large number of data.
For information, we adopt the token solution in automatic matlab script to set the interesting data.
Please, let me know if is a temporary problem, due to the large number of connection or is related with the migration planned to cloud in the next days/week and, consequently, we have to change mode for downloading MODIS and VIIRS data from LAADS.
Sincerely,
Marco Laiolo

Tags:

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: download VIIRS data via LAADS by using token

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:24 am America/New_York

Dear Marco Laiolo:
All LAADS systems are working nominally and haven't received any complain from any other users regarding slow data download. Yes, LAADS data are migrated to cloud but that has nothing to do with users' data download. Also, you need to understand that you are accessing data over public network which can get busy at times.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.