Hi Don-- First, thanks for working on this problem! I am aware the NASA IT-Security does not like to let you folks update OS on your machines without a ton of prior approval. So, it must be super frustrating to debug stuff this way.
Anyway, I followed your suggested update and it helped with my initial L2 to L3 processing. But in doing some further testing I found the following error when I tried to run L1 to L2 processing on SeaWiFS and the same exact error for Hawkeye L1-L3 processing. I think it might be another dynamic library thing. I suspect it will occur for other sensor too. Here is the error message I keep getting.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/seadas-8.3/ocssw/bin/getanc", line 10, in <module>
import seadasutils.anc_utils as ga
File "/Applications/seadas-8.3/ocssw/bin/seadasutils/anc_utils.py", line 33, in <module>
import seadasutils.ancDB as db
File "/Applications/seadas-8.3/ocssw/bin/seadasutils/ancDB.py", line 2, in <module>
File "/Users/bmonger/anaconda3/lib/python3.10/sqlite3/__init__.py", line 57, in <module>
from sqlite3.dbapi2 import *
File "/Users/bmonger/anaconda3/lib/python3.10/sqlite3/dbapi2.py", line 27, in <module>
from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/bmonger/anaconda3/lib/python3.10/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.cpython-310-darwin.so, 0x0002): Symbol not found: _sqlite3_enable_load_extension
Referenced from: <C579D674-21C2-3D2F-BEC1-769A8FDB94C1> /Users/bmonger/anaconda3/lib/python3.10/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.cpython-310-darwin.so
Expected in: <2FE20D6C-25A5-3604-AF12-664D17A93474> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib
PS-- tag V2023.0 did not have any dynamic library issues with Ventura OS. I had some problems with l2gen with PACE Simulated data and l2bin (I think) with binning more than 128 PACE wavelengths. But with tag 2023.0 things worked fine with all other sensors without any dynamic libraries problems.
Thanks for working on this.
BTW, I am happy to help you test things with my Ventura OS if needed.