Page 1 of 1

dynamic library error after updating to Tag V2023.1 and V2023.2

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:08 pm America/New_York
by monger
Hi-- I am running SeaDAS 8.3 (V2023.2) on Mac OC Ventura. I was initially running into some some unrelated problems when running with Tag V2023.0. I updated to V2023.1 to try to solve the problems and received the immediate error message below. I received the same error message when I updated to V2023.2. I did not seen this error message before when running with V2023.0.

dyld[75794]: symbol not found in flat namespace '__ZNKSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEE4findEPKcmm'

I thought maybe I messed up with the seadas Tag update process so I did a new clean seadas install and received the same error message. I then thought maybe I had some old outdate Anaconda stuff so I did a new install of that too. :o And... I still received the same error message.

BTW, I get the same error message above even if I just type l2gen (or l2bin, l3bin or l3mapgen) at the terminal window - so just trying to get the help pages up.

I don't see any messages on this topic in the forum, so I am guessing I have done something dumb, but I can't see where that might be. Any troubleshooting suggestions are welcomed! Thanks!


Re: dynamic library error after updating to Tag V2023.1 and V2023.2

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:10 am America/New_York
by OB SeaDAS - dshea
Yes, looks like a shared lib problem. The demangled name is just "string.find()"

_std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::find(char const*, unsigned long, unsigned long) const

Could you try installing tag "T2023.9" I have fixed a few shared lib issues on the mac build. I will see if I can dig up a Ventura machine.

Let me know how the test tag works.


Re: dynamic library error after updating to Tag V2023.1 and V2023.2

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:39 pm America/New_York
by monger
Hi Don-- First, thanks for working on this problem! I am aware the NASA IT-Security does not like to let you folks update OS on your machines without a ton of prior approval. So, it must be super frustrating to debug stuff this way. :( Anyway, I followed your suggested update and it helped with my initial L2 to L3 processing. But in doing some further testing I found the following error when I tried to run L1 to L2 processing on SeaWiFS and the same exact error for Hawkeye L1-L3 processing. I think it might be another dynamic library thing. I suspect it will occur for other sensor too. Here is the error message I keep getting.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/seadas-8.3/ocssw/bin/getanc", line 10, in <module>
import seadasutils.anc_utils as ga
File "/Applications/seadas-8.3/ocssw/bin/seadasutils/", line 33, in <module>
import seadasutils.ancDB as db
File "/Applications/seadas-8.3/ocssw/bin/seadasutils/", line 2, in <module>
import sqlite3
File "/Users/bmonger/anaconda3/lib/python3.10/sqlite3/", line 57, in <module>
from sqlite3.dbapi2 import *
File "/Users/bmonger/anaconda3/lib/python3.10/sqlite3/", line 27, in <module>
from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/bmonger/anaconda3/lib/python3.10/lib-dynload/, 0x0002): Symbol not found: _sqlite3_enable_load_extension
Referenced from: <C579D674-21C2-3D2F-BEC1-769A8FDB94C1> /Users/bmonger/anaconda3/lib/python3.10/lib-dynload/
Expected in: <2FE20D6C-25A5-3604-AF12-664D17A93474> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib

PS-- tag V2023.0 did not have any dynamic library issues with Ventura OS. I had some problems with l2gen with PACE Simulated data and l2bin (I think) with binning more than 128 PACE wavelengths. But with tag 2023.0 things worked fine with all other sensors without any dynamic libraries problems.

Thanks for working on this.
BTW, I am happy to help you test things with my Ventura OS if needed.