Could not retrive time and lat/lon info from MYD11C1 files.

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
amaljoymet
Answers: 0

Could not retrive time and lat/lon info from MYD11C1 files.

by amaljoymet » Fri May 05, 2023 6:04 am America/New_York

I have downloaded MODIS Land Surface Temperature Product (MYD11C1). I am using h5py package to process the hdf data. The file does not contain any variables for latitude and longitude. Some details regarding upper left point, lower left points, XDIM,YDIM ,RANGEENDINGDATE are mentioned in Metadata( Structural metadata and core metadata). These metadata is written as a lengthy string comprising many details. Is there a way to navigate through metadata and find the time and spatial coordinates.

Tags:

LP DAAC - lien
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

Re: Could not retrive time and lat/lon info from MYD11C1 files.

by LP DAAC - lien » Fri May 05, 2023 3:14 pm America/New_York

Hi,
Sorry for the hassles with the MYD11C1, the Climate Modeling Grids are a little different to work with then the tiled products. There is the Time of daytime (nighttime) observation SDS layer, but I am guessing it does not do you a lot of good if you do not have the coordinate that it goes with it. I have not used h5py myself yet, but I will run this by our developers to get their ideas. I am wondering if it would work with the HDFEOS4 format. In the meantime you may want to contact the folks at h5py and see if they have any suggestions.
Thanks, Brett