Request the bi-values needed to calculate LST using the Generalized Split Window (GSW) algorithm with the MYD021KM produ

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
ideatree
Answers: 0

Request the bi-values needed to calculate LST using the Generalized Split Window (GSW) algorithm with the MYD021KM produ

by ideatree » Tue May 09, 2023 10:46 am America/New_York

I am going to use the MYD021KM product and generalized split window (GSW) algorithm to calculate LST. The GSW algorithm is shown in the picture.
In the calculation of Eq(3), the T31 and T32 use the 31 and 32 bands of the MYD021KM product, and the emissivity data is corrected by me. Now I lack bi-values (bi is described in Eq(3) in the attached picture), so I cannot calculate LST based on Eq (3).
In addition, I noticed that MYD11_L2 LST products are generated based on the GSW algorithm and MYD021KM, maybe the bi-values I need are the same as when producing MYD11_L2 LST products.
I do not know how to use MODTRAN software and face difficulties in inverting the bi-values (i = 0 to 7) in the GSW algorithm. Would you please share the bi-values with me?
Attachments
generalized split window (GSW) algorithm
generalized split window (GSW) algorithm
image.png (188.11 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Request the bi-values needed to calculate LST using the Generalized Split Window (GSW) algorithm with the MYD021KM p

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Fri May 12, 2023 11:04 am America/New_York

We received your inquiry about the bi coefficients applied in LST retrieval. These coefficients are used to generate high-level MODIS products, which were produced using algorithms developed by MODIS science team members on top of our Level 1B data. We suggest you contact the people in this area as indicated in your reference for further information about algorithm details for the high-level products. Regarding v6 vs v6.1, since v6.1 is an improved version over v6, you have to contact them to see if bi coefficients were changed from v6 to 6.1.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.

ideatree
Answers: 0

Re: Request the bi-values needed to calculate LST using the Generalized Split Window (GSW) algorithm with the MYD021KM p

by ideatree » Fri May 12, 2023 10:17 pm America/New_York

LAADS_UserServices_M wrote:
> We received your inquiry about the bi coefficients applied in LST
> retrieval. These coefficients are used to generate high-level MODIS
> products, which were produced using algorithms developed by MODIS science
> team members on top of our Level 1B data. We suggest you contact the people
> in this area as indicated in your reference for further information about
> algorithm details for the high-level products. Regarding v6 vs v6.1, since
> v6.1 is an improved version over v6, you have to contact them to see if bi
> coefficients were changed from v6 to 6.1.

Thank you for your reply !
While posting this question, I also contacted several authors of the references as well as Prof. Zhengming Wan, but I have not gotten a reply now.
Here, can you please suggest the email or other contact information of MODIS LST scientific team members so that I can get in touch with them to ask some questions about bi coefficients. Because bi coefficients is very important for my research.
Thanks again!

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Tue May 16, 2023 7:15 am America/New_York

Here at LAADS DAAC we don't have contact information for land products' science team members. The product PI for LST is Zhengming Wan at ERI, University of California, Santa Barbara so you can check there. You can contact NASA'S Land Processes Distributed Active Archive Center (LP DAAC), the primary distributor of all land products. Their user services office is at lpdaac@usgs.gov.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.