Cloud Flags of MOD21 (TES) Products

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
ogsahin
Answers: 0

Cloud Flags of MOD21 (TES) Products

by ogsahin » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:35 pm America/New_York

I have been trying to use TES-based LST products by using APPEARS software. Even though I followed quality standards defined in the user handbook, there are LST values that are unreasonable above physical limits, like more than 100 °C in Aqua night products. The exact pixel has a much more reasonable value, like 31 °C for the VIIRS product. I noticed Night products of Terra and Aqua (TES MOD21) don't have any cloud-free flags (Only "thin cirrus" and "Pixel within 2 pixels of nearest cloud"). It is unreasonable for me that there is no "cloud-free" pixel for three years.

Tags:

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

Re: Cloud Flags of MOD21 (TES) Products

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:27 am America/New_York

Hi @ogsahin Thanks for posting, we'll take a look at this. Could you please let us know your area of interest and the dates of the data or email us at lpdaac@usgs.gov and let us know your AppEEARS/URS Username and your AppEEARS Request ID. We'd like to take a closer look at the specific granules from your order. Thanks - Danielle
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.