NASA/JPL provider URL is PODAAC

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
mharbin
Answers: 0

NASA/JPL provider URL is PODAAC

by mharbin » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:37 pm America/New_York

Hello,

I am working on collection metadata for the OPERA products ASF is hosting. I note that if I select NASA/JPL as the provider under Data Center (Processor in this case) the DataCenterURL is PODAAC. This seems less than ideal as PODAAC is not the provider and if one links back to them will only find information about the PODAAC missions/products. I am not sure the best way to proceed as we want to indicate the data is being created at NASA/JPL. There are many NASA/JPL/* providers, do we need to request a NASA/JPL/OPERA provider be added?

Filters:

GCMD - sritz
User Services
User Services

Re: NASA/JPL provider URL is PODAAC

by GCMD - sritz » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:34 pm America/New_York

Hi Michelle, I think the best solution is to add a new data center for NASA/JPL/OPERA. Is this the URL we should use? https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/go/opera

I recommend the following:

NASA/JPL/OPERA > Observational Products for End-Users from Remote Sensing Analysis, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA

Scott

GCMD - sritz
User Services
User Services

by GCMD - sritz » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:18 pm America/New_York

Hi Michelle, the data center keyword that you requested will be published on Friday, August 4.

NASA/JPL/OPERA > Observational Products for End-Users from Remote Sensing Analysis, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA

Preview Link:
https://gcmd.earthdata.nasa.gov/kms/concept/1cdb9dc2-b912-49a9-ba44-aaf62fa77242?version=draft

Scott Ritz

mharbin

by mharbin » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:38 am America/New_York

Scott,
Thanks. Sorry for lack of response I forgot to check back earlier this week on this post. Looks good to me