Re-griding the MODIS Aqua L2 cloud product.

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
aakashmodis
Answers: 0

Re-griding the MODIS Aqua L2 cloud product.

by aakashmodis » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:46 pm America/New_York

Hi,
Currently I am working with MODIS Aqua Level 2 (MYD06L2). Where cloud micro-physical properties (resolution 1 km) having array size 2030x1354 and the cloud top properties (resolution 5 km), latitude and longitude are having array size 406x270. I want to screen the cloud microphysical properties for my study region therefore I need to re-grid the micro-physical properties to same array size as latitude and logitude, that means form 2030x1354 to 406x270 but the size is mismatched. It is okay for number of pixels along-track (2030/5 = 405) but not for the number of pixels across-track (1354/5 is not equal to 270). How do I re-grid micro-physical properties?
Why there are 4 extra pixels across-track for cloud micro physical properties?

please provide help regarding the same.

Tags:

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Re-griding the MODIS Aqua L2 cloud product.

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:20 am America/New_York

Dear Aakash Kumar:
To be more accurate, the user can use the 1-km “Latitude” and “Longitude” (2030x1354) from MYD03, to identify how many 1-km cloud microphysical properties pixels fall within 5-km cloud top properties pixel. For example, assume “number_of_1km” pixels fall in a 5-km pixel, they can average these “number_of_1km” pixels to get the new corresponding 5-km value.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.