HLS STAC Problem

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
waltersdan
Answers: 0

HLS STAC Problem

by waltersdan » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:55 pm America/New_York

Hello,

Has something been changed with the HLS STAC? I had queries working this morning (20 Sep). I am querying for assets using pystac_client, then loading into xarray using stackstac.

This afternoon, all my queries (I have tried different geographic locations and timeframes) are returning assets, but they don't seem to be compatible with any previous scripts. I think the reason is related to the asset IDs...they seem to have been renamed from their standard names (e.g. 'B02') to 'download_xx' (see attached screenshot). This also affects parsing metadata e.g. by accessing the 'metadata' asset.

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-20 135226.png
Screenshot 2023-09-20 135226.png (127 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

Re: HLS STAC Problem

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:44 am America/New_York

Hey @waltersdan This does not look like expected behavior. I'll have one of our developers look into and we'll get back to you once we have an answer. Thanks - Danielle
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

shahab271069

by shahab271069 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:19 am America/New_York

Just to confirm. I am facing the same problem using HLS on STAC.

ircwaves

by ircwaves » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:05 pm America/New_York

Lots of things have been renamed with this release. Collections also have been renamed per the linked ADR. Very interested to hear any news on resolving this. The `download_N` names are much less desirable than the previous informative names.

ADR - https://github.com/nasa/cmr-stac/blob/master/adr-log/adr-20230323-entry-id-title-identifiers.md

matthew_cox_omnia

by matthew_cox_omnia » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:56 pm America/New_York

I'm curious to better understand what ircwaves meant by "this release". Is there an API release process that I can keep an eye on and/or a change log where I can learn of how my client code needs to be updated to keep up with breaking changes?

rabbott

by rabbott » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:30 am America/New_York

CMR STAC utilizes https://github.com/adr/adr-log for generating change logs. The releases of and contents of STAC releases are managed internally with input/feedback from the community while taking into consideration the caveats of the underlying APIs and data.

Keep in mind that a release to production was made last week that was not intentional and has been rolled back. You may see issues you were experiencing no longer occurring.

ircwaves

by ircwaves » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:23 am America/New_York

[quote=matthew_cox_omnia post_id=16521 time=1695412590 user_id=7342]
I'm curious to better understand what ircwaves meant by "this release". Is there an API release process that I can keep an eye on and/or a change log where I can learn of how my client code needs to be updated to keep up with breaking changes?
[/quote]

I simply meant `change to the API` by release, and was looking for that same sort of process to eye that you mention.

[quote=rabbott post_id=16532 time=1695648655 user_id=7355]
CMR STAC utilizes https://github.com/adr/adr-log for generating change logs. The releases of and contents of STAC releases are managed internally with input/feedback from the community while taking into consideration the caveats of the underlying APIs and data.

Keep in mind that a release to production was made last week that was not intentional and has been rolled back. You may see issues you were experiencing no longer occurring.
[/quote]

Thanks for the notes on this rabbott.