Help needed finding necessary imagery for 'Be A Space Geologist' challenge

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
tstar.spaceapps
Answers: 0

Help needed finding necessary imagery for 'Be A Space Geologist' challenge

by tstar.spaceapps » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:20 am America/New_York

'Be A Space Geologist' challenge.

Hello everyone. I am part of a team that is working on the 'Be A Space Geologist' challenge and we intend to create a web app that will utilize satellite imagery gotten from Ground-Penetrating Radar (GPR), Microwave Remote Sensing, Hyperspectral imaging, normal land cover, etc. (as much as possible) for research purposes specifically by geologists or people in the geography disciplines.

However, in the 'resources' tab provided to us for the challenge, there are too many data there and they're even unfamiliar to us due to their names. I will be glad if we can be given pointers as to where we can find data that is relevant to success of our project.

I look forward to receiving favorable responses as soon as possible as the challenge is ending today. Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Tags:

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

Re: Help needed finding necessary imagery for 'Be A Space Geologist' challenge

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:00 pm America/New_York

Hi @tstar.spaceapps I saw a few people were able to give you some information about SAR in the github earlier today but I still wanted to approve the post in case users in general would like to discuss data that can be used for geology purposes outside of the challenge. Thanks!
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.