geolocate_viirs problem

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
andrei_mitrich
Answers: 0

geolocate_viirs problem

by andrei_mitrich » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:14 am America/New_York

Hi,
I am trying to produce viirs GEO file with seadas package using geolocate_viirs command. I know VIIRS GEO files are available for downloading but sometimes it is convenient to produce those files locally. I am using the latest or one of the latest seadas releases, `--tag V2023.3` and for installation used the following options: `install_ocssw --install_dir /opt/seadas/ocssw --tag V2023.3 --verbose --clean --arch=linux_64 --seadas --viirsn --modisa `. When running geolocate_viirs command, I am getting the following output:
Singularity> geolocate_viirs ifile=./V2022314203000.L1A_SNPP.nc geofile_mod=/tmp/test_viirs_GEO.nc

Main:: Geolocating L1A ./V2022314203000.L1A_SNPP.nc
Unable to open directory (/opt/seadas/ocssw/share/viirs/dem/) for reading DEM files.
VcstGeoAncInputItem:: Failure opening NetCDF DEM file: /opt/seadas/ocssw/share/viirs/dem//
Geolocation completed.

I presume that 'dem' directory was supposed to be created while installing seadas but it is missing. Am I missing some installation options? Something else?

Thank you.

Tags:

andrei_mitrich
Answers: 0

Re: geolocate_viirs problem

by andrei_mitrich » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:43 pm America/New_York

I think I know the answer: the extra option should be `--viirsdem`

OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: geolocate_viirs problem