GEDI spatial subset order data from EarthData Search gives ECONNREFUSED error

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
mihnea13
Answers: 0

GEDI spatial subset order data from EarthData Search gives ECONNREFUSED error

by mihnea13 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:44 pm America/New_York

Hi,

I am trying to download GEDI L2A Elevation Data spatially subset over a pretty small area (around 100x100 km) but I keep getting this error a few minutes after submitting the order:

The order has failed processing.
Service has responded with message:

Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 152.61.4.183:443

I am using a rectangle I drew in the map visualisation for defining the spatial subset. I wanted to test with my own .shp file, but I can't as when I upload it the page is stuck on 'Loading' and the boundary is not shown on the map (separate issue I guess). Also tried with a .kml file which works perfectly fine in Google Earth, still not loading in the EarthData map view.

Tags:

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

Re: GEDI spatial subset order data from EarthData Search gives ECONNREFUSED error

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:25 pm America/New_York

Hi @mihnea13 Could you please either share your shapefile, either here or by emailing lpdaac@usgs.gov, or at least let us know your area and dates of interest? Thank you - Danielle
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

mihnea13

Re: GEDI spatial subset order data from EarthData Search gives ECONNREFUSED error

by mihnea13 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:29 am America/New_York

Sure Danielle, here is the file that doesn't load in the map viewer.
Zip of shapefile:
https://unitbvro-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/cateanu_mihnea_unitbv_ro/EXUcp5DTIftEsa8flF3YY94BE-jQ3pWjTvfl_QuGQlxlfg?e=JKKgZF

KML of the same area:
https://unitbvro-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/cateanu_mihnea_unitbv_ro/EcMIKYBpfJVIgCtG6fsMECIBqgxeNbJbxKG1ijzjQTSWGw?e=9eRIxx

But this is kind of a secondary problem, I would be fine if I could subset using the rectangle tool directly in the EarthData interface, but I still get the Connection refused error.
In terms of dates, I am trying to download the latest GEDI L2A data granules starting from April 1st 2022.

LP DAAC - lien
User Services
User Services

by LP DAAC - lien » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:21 pm America/New_York

Hi,
Have you been able to get the Earthdata Search Tool to work for, not sure why it would say connection denied.
After your search is complete and you order the data there should be a Customize Options you can select to subset your area of interest. Will it allow you to do that?
Thanks,
Brett

khanal

by khanal » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:02 am America/New_York

Hi There, I am also experiencing issue while trying to download GEDI L2B subset.
Product: GEDI L2B Canopy Cover and Vertical Profile Metrics Data Global Footprint Level V002
0/1 orders complete
Access Method: ESI
Granules : 1,618 Granules
The order has failed processing.
Service has responded with message: Unknown Error

LP DAAC - lien
User Services
User Services

by LP DAAC - lien » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:27 am America/New_York

Hello,
Sorry for the issues with the ESI processing, it can be temperamental at times. Generally this error is caused by the order size. There is an internal limit of 1000 scenes. Which actually can prove to large. If you could divide your requests into several smaller orders it should work fine. Please let me know if it still is being a problem.
Thanks,
Brett