How to solve " Error: I don't know that shp type" when wanting to upload zipped shapefile

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
sihlenhlapo_up
Answers: 0

How to solve " Error: I don't know that shp type" when wanting to upload zipped shapefile

by sihlenhlapo_up » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:55 pm America/New_York

Hi there, I am facing a problem when I have to upload my study site zipped shapefile on NASA appEEARS. I have the shapefile in shp, dbf, prj and shx. I zipped these and when I try to upload them, I get the error " Error: I don't know that shp type". I checked the shapefile on QGIS to make sure it does appear and everything looks okay. What can I do to resolve this error?

Tags:

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

Re: How to solve " Error: I don't know that shp type" when wanting to upload zipped shapefile

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:16 am America/New_York

Hello @sihlenhlapo_up Thanks for posting. Would you mind sharing your shapefile with us, so we can look into it? You can either post it here or email it to lpdaac@usgs.gov Thanks! -- Danielle
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

sihlenhlapo_up

Re: How to solve " Error: I don't know that shp type" when wanting to upload zipped shapefile

by sihlenhlapo_up » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:23 pm America/New_York

Hi there, thank you for your swift response. have emailed the zip file of the shapefile to the email address you provided. Regards

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:30 pm America/New_York

Thanks, @sihlenhlapo_up I just saw your email. Thanks for sending that. We'll follow up there.
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.