MERRA2 wget only downloading every other file

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
cvwilson
Answers: 0

MERRA2 wget only downloading every other file

by cvwilson » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:50 pm America/New_York

Hello, I had previously posted replies on another thread trying to download MERRA2 files from wget. I got the authentication working when I run the wget command, but now when I run a url.txt file through I get it only downloading half the files in the list, and every other file it says "Unable to establish SSL connection". See attached screenshot. Do you have any advice on why this is happening?
Attachments
wget_error.png
wget_error.png (104.26 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

GES DISC - mgreene
User Services
User Services
Answers: 2

Re: MERRA2 wget only downloading every other file

by GES DISC - mgreene » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:18 pm America/New_York

Hello,
Our subject matter experts will examine your question and formulate a reply shortly.

Note:
To subscribe to our monthly announcements mailing list, send a message with “Subscribe” in the Subject line to gsfc-gesdisc-announcements-join@lists.nasa.gov . You may also subscribe to the list on this page: https://lists.nasa.gov/mailman3/lists/gsfc-gesdisc-announcements.lists.nasa.gov/

cbattisto

by cbattisto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:04 pm America/New_York

Hello,

I'm Chris Battisto, a User Needs member at the GES DISC. My apologies for the late response regarding your error. Could you please attach the url.txt file that you were using?

Thank you!

cvwilson

by cvwilson » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:24 pm America/New_York

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. After running the same url.txt file a couple times I got it working; it seemed to be that randomly every few files would fail, but if I tried again on the same url it would download okay. Feel free to close this thread.