earthdata search web app

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
stiven67
Answers: 0

earthdata search web app

by stiven67 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:48 pm America/New_York

I am trying to install the edsc application locally from the repository https://github.com/nasa/earthdata-search as I understand the serverless installation requires some AWS services which I do not have; however I wanted to know if it is possible the local installation to verify the operation of some plugins and see their operation in general. Additionally, can the application be started without having created and migrated up the Postgres database?
thank you

Tags:

Earthdata Search - kaewal01
User Services
User Services

Re: earthdata search web app

by Earthdata Search - kaewal01 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:23 pm America/New_York

Serverless can be started up and if its running in local mode. Serverless can mock lambda, sqs, and other related services. Spinning up EDSC on a non-NASA affiliated/EDSC team machine without any NASA credentials is possible. For example, we ocassionally get an opensource pull request from outside of the organization.Not all functionality will be enabled because there are project secrets that we do not share outside of the team

You can start up the application without the POSTGRES DB again. This simply means that less functionality would be available. This includes but is not limited to logging into EDL from EDSC and adding to a project. However, some of these functions would not work without the correct secret credentials to initiate the process.

stiven67

Re: earthdata search web app

by stiven67 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:11 pm America/New_York

Do you mean that to have access to the application locally on my PC, being outside the organization, do I need authorization from NASA? Could I also download it from the same repository or do I require a different step by step? Basically what I am trying is to have a portal with my own information using the EDSC user interface, where I can make data selection with a timeline. If possible, how could I obtain the open source code as a person outside the organization?