OCSSW modis_GEO Ancillary Data Issues

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
bigelowtek
Answers: 0

OCSSW modis_GEO Ancillary Data Issues

by bigelowtek » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:29 pm America/New_York

Hello,

I am using the ocssw source code to batch process Aqua and Terra L1a files to L2. A percentage of both Aqua and Terra files successfully processed, before processing failed for the entirety of the remaining files due to an sqlite3.DatabaseError with "database disk image is malformed." This traced back to ancDB.py and to modis_GEO_utils.py. I am attaching a screenshot of the error file, and of the processing script.

I am running ocssw version 8.0 with installed tag V2023.3. I have updated the luts, but this has not helped to resolve the issue. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you.
Attachments
modis-processing-script.PNG
modis-processing-script.PNG (41.98 KiB) Not viewed yet
database_disk_image_error.PNG
database_disk_image_error.PNG (28.86 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: OCSSW modis_GEO Ancillary Data Issues

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:31 pm America/New_York

Well, something buggered the sqlite DB used by the ancDB code. Perhaps something on the SQLite documentation page about possible sources for corruption will help you diagnose the issue: https://sqlite.org/howtocorrupt.html

Sean

bigelowtek
Answers: 0

Re: OCSSW modis_GEO Ancillary Data Issues

by bigelowtek » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:10 am America/New_York

Hi Sean,

I had two jobs reading and writing to the ancillary_data.db file simultaneously, which corrupted the file.

Thank you,
Sunny