Accessing and Requesting Commercial Smallsat Data: How do I get approved to access the commercial data?

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
Earthdata - wxedward
User Services
User Services
Answers: 22

Accessing and Requesting Commercial Smallsat Data: How do I get approved to access the commercial data?

by Earthdata - wxedward » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:25 pm America/New_York

How do I get approved to access the commercial data?
by Earthdata - wxedward » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:26 pm America/New_York
All NASA-funded researchers can get access to commercial datasets. All members of the U.S. Government have access to DESIS and Spire data. Planet data is only accessible to U.S. Federal civil agencies (excluding DOD an IC) and National Science Foundation funded researchers. Through CSDA, Maxar data are accessible to NASA-Funded investigators. All data requests must be approved by CSDA data managers. To request access to CSDA data offerings, complete the CSDA Authorization form. The CSDA team will verify if the user is authorized for data access first. Once verified, the user will be provided with additional information on how to request and access data.
Go to full post

Tags:

Earthdata - wxedward
User Services
User Services
Answers: 22

Re: Accessing and Requesting Commercial Smallsat Data: How do I get approved to access the commercial data?

by Earthdata - wxedward » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:26 pm America/New_York

All NASA-funded researchers can get access to commercial datasets. All members of the U.S. Government have access to DESIS and Spire data. Planet data is only accessible to U.S. Federal civil agencies (excluding DOD an IC) and National Science Foundation funded researchers. Through CSDA, Maxar data are accessible to NASA-Funded investigators. All data requests must be approved by CSDA data managers. To request access to CSDA data offerings, complete the CSDA Authorization form. The CSDA team will verify if the user is authorized for data access first. Once verified, the user will be provided with additional information on how to request and access data.