TEMPO Beta Level 1 Product Release

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
ASDC - mcook
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

TEMPO Beta Level 1 Product Release

by ASDC - mcook » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:55 am America/New_York

TEMPO Beta Level 1 (L1) data are available from the ASDC via NASA Earthdata Search as of February 26, 2024 (https://www.earthdata.nasa.gov/learn/articles/new-beta-level-1-tempo-products). These data are at beta maturity, which means that the product is minimally validated but may still contain significant errors; it is based on product quick looks using the initial calibration parameters. Because the products at this stage have minimal validation, users should refrain from making conclusive public statements regarding science and applications of the data products until a product is designated at the provisional validation status."

The data products are provided in netCDF4 format and are designated at a “beta” maturity level (see end of article). A User Guide describing the data products in the beta L1 release, and associated known issues, can be found https://asdc.larc.nasa.gov/documents/tempo/guide/TEMPO_Level-1_user_guide_V1.0.pdf. The TEMPO Level 1 Algorithm Theoretical Basis Document (ATBD) is still being finalized. For access to the Version 1.0 ATBD, please contact the ASDC at larc-dl-asdc-tempo@mail.nasa.gov.

Tags:

francis.robert

Re: TEMPO Beta Level 1 Product Release

by francis.robert » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:50 pm America/New_York

Maybe I'm totally missing the info, but I'm trying to work with these data in R and can't find the CRS associated with them. I understand the bounding box info is available and and that it is in degrees but I didn't want to make the assumption it was in WGS84. Any info on the proposed CRS for the preliminary and future results would be super helpful.

ASDC - ghayescrepps
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Re: TEMPO Beta Level 1 Product Release

by ASDC - ghayescrepps » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:00 pm America/New_York

Thank you for your question about the TEMPO data. Yes, the CRS is WGS84 (EPSG 4326). If you review the global attributes of a granule, you should see an entry for the crs:

:geospatial_bounds_crs = "EPSG:4326";

Please let us know if there are further questions we can assist with.