Impossible to establissh SSL conncection when downloading subset with wget

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
griecof
Answers: 0

Impossible to establissh SSL conncection when downloading subset with wget

by griecof » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:46 am America/New_York

Hi. I am downloading TROPOMI L2 NO2 data using wget. I have no problem downloading whole original files but when I try to download a subset, I get the message "Impossible to establish SSL connection". How do I solve this? I noticed that when downloading whole original files they are being fetched from data.gesdisc.earthdata.nasa.gov, whereas when trying to fetch the subsets it is trying to connect to tropomi.gesdisc.eosdis.nasa.gov.

My current .netrc contains:
machine urs.earthdata.nasa.gov login griecof password ****

Thanks!

Tags:

GES DISC - mgreene
User Services
User Services
Answers: 2

Re: Impossible to establissh SSL conncection when downloading subset with wget

by GES DISC - mgreene » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:10 am America/New_York

Hello,

Our data and subject matter experts will examine your question and formulate a reply shortly.

Note:
To subscribe to our monthly announcements mailing list, send a message with “Subscribe” in the Subject line to gsfc-gesdisc-announcements-join@lists.nasa.gov . You may also subscribe to the list on this page: https://lists.nasa.gov/mailman3/lists/gsfc-gesdisc-announcements.lists.nasa.gov/

sethdd
Answers: 0

Re: Impossible to establissh SSL conncection when downloading subset with wget

by sethdd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm America/New_York

Hi griecof, which DAAC is that data located on? I've recently found out that some DAACs like ORNL do not play well with using .netrc files for authentication. I ended up having to use a Bearer token through my account to get some success.