New Token - Access HLS

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
cbourque17
Answers: 0

New Token - Access HLS

by cbourque17 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:43 pm America/New_York

I have been using a script to download HLS data from a Python script using my earth data credentials stored in a .netcr file. My first token expired today, giving me this error message when trying to do a search:
RuntimeError: {"errors":["Token [Bearer eyJXXXE6LLQ] has expired. Note the token value has been partially redacted."]}

I generated a new toke, but I still get the same error. Do I need to change something in my credential file? Or does it just take a day to apply the change?

Thanks!

Tags:

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

Re: New Token - Access HLS

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 pm America/New_York

Hi @cbourque17 It should not take a day to generate. If you haven't tried already, I recommend using the earthaccess package for an easy authentication or re-authentication. After installing and importing this package, runearthaccess.login(persist=True) function. This function will prompt for your NASA Earthdata username and password to create one if one does not exist and then uses your account information for authentication purposes. Thanks -- Danielle
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.