Question about MODIS daily data GeoTIFF download

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
ndchat
Answers: 0

Question about MODIS daily data GeoTIFF download

by ndchat » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:39 pm America/New_York

I struggle to download MODIS TIFF images of MCD 43A4 and MCD43A  BRDF and Calculated Albedo (Terra + Aqua), Daily, 500m. I use the Terrestrial Ecology Subsetting & Visualization Services (TESViS) portal for download. Once I place an order, it shows as qued but minus in minutes. I can't download data. I tried several times with different time intervals, but it showed the same message.

This is the message on the history tab
queued -9707 min remaining
29Mar2024_13:14:14_240412698L69.17L-150.66S201L201_MCD43A4

Is there any solution for that? I need daily data from 2000 to 2023. I tried to download year-by-year Geotiff, but it does not show anything.

This is the link for the TESViS. I work on Arctic research, basically about Tundra fires and permafrost.
https://modis.ornl.gov/globalsubset/

Thanks

Tags:

rupeshornl
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Re: Question about MODIS daily data GeoTIFF download

by rupeshornl » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:27 am America/New_York

Hi @ndchat, Thank you for contacting us! TESVIS is still processing several hundred pending orders. Your order is in the queue. As soon as your order is processed, you should receive an email.

ndchat

by ndchat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:01 am America/New_York

Thank you so much for the reply. Kindly clarify me following questions as well. Are there any limitations for downloading daily MODIS Geotiff data, such as duration? Daily data from 2002 to 2023 would be substantial; would this present an issue with MODIS downloads? Furthermore, is there a recommended number of years that can be downloaded at once? For instance, would processing only three years of daily data proceed smoothly compared to four or more years of data?

rupeshornl
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by rupeshornl » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:54 am America/New_York

I see you have ordered a large subset area - this could present an issue for 23 years of daily data. For such larger subsets, if you submit a few years at a time, it would probably be easier to download in a tarball.