CERES product data download

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
xwgw
Answers: 0

CERES product data download

by xwgw » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:08 pm America/New_York

Help Post:
Hello, I want to consult a question, is the CERES website data, data download, there are two data download location, a CERES Ordering, Subseeting, the Visualization TOOL, another is the CERES at ASDC, I would like to know whether these two data are products of different companies? Or some other difference, what is the difference, and then generally download the CERES data product, need to download from there?
Also more importantly, I would like to know that I need to download the CERES product of a single satellite footprint, if I download it directly from the ASDC, since it is the kind of HDF4 format file, how can I open it?
I sincerely appreciate your help.

Tags:

ASDC - mcook
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

Re: CERES product data download

by ASDC - mcook » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:36 pm America/New_York

Dear User,
Thank you for contacting us with an interest in CERES data.
CERES is one entire collection, that contains several product levels of aerosols, clouds, and radiation budget data depending on what users are searching for: CERES DATA.
Tools for downloading the data are CERES Search and Subset Tool, CERES Subset/Visualization Tool, OPeNDAP. These tools are used for subsetting the data.
The Direct Data Download (DDD) Tool is used for downloading the whole data. Instructions for downloading the data are available from: Scripts for Downloading Data.

Hope this was helpful.