Finding and Retrieving PACE OCI Level-1 and Level-2 Granuals For a Specified Region

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
monger
Answers: 0

Finding and Retrieving PACE OCI Level-1 and Level-2 Granuals For a Specified Region

by monger » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:46 pm America/New_York

I guess I have been spoiled over the years by the OBDAAC Level-1 / Level-2 Browser for finding/ordering data granules for specified dates and lat/lon bounds. Since PACE-OCI data is not being served via the L1/L2 Browser, I need to find a new way to find PACE OCI data granules for specified lat/lon ranges.

I understand how to find the data granules for a specified date range using the OBDAAC File Search Page. But I was hoping to find a way to narrow the list down to just the granules that cover a specified Lat/Lon bounds. Is there such a tool available? Thanks for any help.

PS-- And thanks for all the nice work getting PACE launched and data stream up and running!!!

Bruce

Tags:

cbiomes
Answers: 0

Re: Finding and Retrieving PACE OCI Level-1 and Level-2 Granuals For a Specified Region

by cbiomes » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 am America/New_York

we have the same issue of narrowing down the geoscope for in situ calibrations in Seadas 9 NASA and SNAP10 ESA https://earth-system.usegalaxy.eu/

PI

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Finding and Retrieving PACE OCI Level-1 and Level-2 Granuals For a Specified Region

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:10 pm America/New_York

Bruce,

'Tis true that the venerable browse.pl does not support PACE. However, search.earthdata.nasa.gov does (and will eventually replace browse.pl for all sensors). Spatial and temporal data search is possible with this tool and soon (I hope) we'll have extracted data ordering capability enabled for the data managed by the OB.DAAC.

The Earthdata Search tool supports ALL DAACs, but if you only want to see data from the OB.DAAC you can select our 'portal' (click on the Browse Portals link in the upper left of the page and scroll down to our portal). We also have a portal for our in situ data archive (SeaBASS).

Sean