ASDC Announcement: StoryMap release - Australian Bushfires in 2019-2020

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
danigroenen
Answers: 0

ASDC Announcement: StoryMap release - Australian Bushfires in 2019-2020

by danigroenen » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:52 am America/New_York

The Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC)'s Science Outreach Team has made an interactive ArcGIS StoryMap entitled Studying the 2019-2020 Australian Bushfires Using NASA Data, which was created in collaboration with representatives from the Langley Science Directorate and NASA Disasters Program. This StoryMap focuses on the contributing climate factors, atmospheric effects, and public health impacts of the 2019-2020 Australian Bushfires. The 2019-2020 fire season was one of the most intense on record, and the StoryMap provides information about the factors leading up to the fires, effects on global and local atmospheric composition, and how smoke from fires affects public health. Users can explore the combination of interactive data resources, visualizations of scientific phenomenon, and science storytelling to study various aspects of the fires.

Explore the StoryMap to learn more about how NASA data is being used here: https://arcg.is/1iuqL5

Tags:

emreaksu
Answers: 0

Re: ASDC Announcement: StoryMap release - Australian Bushfires in 2019-2020

by emreaksu » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:15 pm America/New_York

It's been a year we will never forget. Even before the challenges of COVID-19, Australia was shaken by forest fires in the summer of 2019-20 - the most disastrous bushfire season ever in the country's history. Much has been lost and the effects will be felt for years to come.
Up to 19 million hectares of land were burned, 12.6 million hectares of which were hectares of forest and scrub. 33 lives were lost and approximately 3,094 houses were destroyed. It was a bitter moment. I've been there for help before, and the world seemed to end. Thank you to Edge who made me be there too.
I'd like to share the fire map.
https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-informa ... es-near-me