502 Bad Gateway nginx / LP DAAC - Data Pool

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
dimitrios.michelakis
Answers: 0

502 Bad Gateway nginx / LP DAAC - Data Pool

by dimitrios.michelakis » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:13 pm America/New_York

Dear forum administrator,

When visiting "https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/tools/data-pool/" the response is "502 Bad Gateway nginx"

I have scripts downloading data using this source and I would really appreciate a response as soon as possible

Kind regards,

Tags:

LP DAAC - jwilson
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: 502 Bad Gateway nginx / LP DAAC - Data Pool

by LP DAAC - jwilson » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 am America/New_York

There was an upgrade during our LP DAAC maintenance downtime. These 502 Bad Gateway errors have been fixed.
Please try again.
Thank you,
Janice

dimitrios.michelakis
Answers: 0

by dimitrios.michelakis » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:20 am America/New_York

Dear Janice,

Many thanks for your response and for addressing the issue; I can confirm that I can now download from LP DAAC data pool as expected.

Is there a future plan to send email notifications to your clients for such maintenance? It would be greatly appreciated. Unless there is another service which you would suggest using instead of this data pool?

Thanks for your time and effort replying

Kind regards,
D.

LP DAAC - jwilson
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by LP DAAC - jwilson » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:04 pm America/New_York

Dear Dimitrios,
On Wednesdays the LP DAAC has a scheduled maintenance that may interfere with HTTP downloads. There is a message posted during the scheduled downtime. However, due to unforeseen issues it could be extended and another update to the message will be posted.

To resolve an issue that is not detected right away our technical support is notified to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We try to alert our users by posting to the affected webpage if an issue is not resolved in a timely manner.

Please contact the LP DAAC User Services team with questions at lpdaac@usgs.gov.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Janice