Consolidated Laser Ranging Prediction Format (CPF) of jason-2 mission

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
abd_ruby87
Answers: 0

Consolidated Laser Ranging Prediction Format (CPF) of jason-2 mission

by abd_ruby87 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:51 pm America/New_York

Hi Sir,
I wish you all in good health. The available Consolidated Laser Ranging Prediction Format (CPF) of the satellite jason-2 mission at CDDIS (https://cddis.nasa.gov/archive/slr/cpf_predicts) consists of a satellite state vector (x, y, and z positions) and other parameters at a given time plus. The CPF for the satellite jason-2 data at CDDIS did not contain the following information’s:
1. Record Type (= "H5") Spherical satellite center of mass correction
2. Record Type (= "20") Velocity (Geocentric X, Y, and Z velocity)
3. Record Type (= "30") Corrections (All targets computed from a solar system ephemeris)
Please, anyone can you help me with how to obtain this data? I want to compute the relativistic corrections between the SLR station and the satellite jason-2.
I am looking for your kind response. Thanks in advance.
Thanks & Regards,

Abdelrahim Ruby Abdelhamid Hassanain
Assistant Lecturer
Department of Surveying Engineering
Faculty of Engineering Shoubra - Benha University
108 Shoubra St. - Cairo - Egypt
Official Website: https://bu.edu.eg/portal/index.php?act= ... lrahimruby

Tags:

CDDIS_support_Lori
User Services
User Services

Re: Consolidated Laser Ranging Prediction Format (CPF) of jason-2 mission

by CDDIS_support_Lori » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:50 pm America/New_York

After asking our Jason-2 provider, they told us that they do not provide H5, 20, or 30 records for Jason-2.

The reasoning for this is that H5 records are only used for "cannon ball" satellites (LAGEOS, ETALON, Stella, etc.) where the center of mass is stable (not affected by fuel distribution).

20 Velocity has never been used on Jason-2 because it isn't needed when using positions and interpolation; they use positions and times, calculating velocity from these.

30 Record has only been used for lunar predictions, and is meant for natural solar system bodies, not man-made satellites.

We're sorry that we do not have the data you're looking for, but the provider does not generate this data. However, you can use the positions to calculate velocities on your own.

abd_ruby87

Re: Consolidated Laser Ranging Prediction Format (CPF) of jason-2 mission

by abd_ruby87 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:23 am America/New_York

Thanks for this valuable message.