Missing data in OPERA RTC
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:31 am America/New_York
Hi,
I am getting "Not found" errors for a specific granule from Opera-RTC: OPERA_L2_RTC-S1_T090-193301-IW2_20210314T220608Z_20250702T232449Z_S1B_30_v1.0
When I try to download the files from this item, either using the asf_search python library or ASF Vertex, I get File Not Found:
https://search.asf.alaska.edu/#/?zoom=11.598¢er=-56.765,-1.223&polygon=POLYGON((-56.7596%20-1.3915,-56.4491%20-1.3915,-56.4491%20-1.1164,-56.7596%20-1.1164,-56.7596%20-1.3915))&dataset=OPERA-S1&start=2021-03-14T00:00:00Z&end=2021-03-14T23:59:59Z&resultsLoaded=true&granule=OPERA_L2_RTC-S1_T090-193301-IW2_20210314T220608Z_20250702T232449Z_S1B_30_v1.0
I have no problems downloading the adjacent bursts (T090-193300-IW2, T090-193302-IW2) or any others from a broader search in the same AOI and time period - this seems to be a one-off failure. Can you explain why this is missing, or is there any property to flag that this is "bad"?
Unfortunately for programmatic access, the asf_search.download_urls method does not seem to handle such errors where a single item is not found, yet the rest of the items found in a search can be downloaded. The only way I can see to handle this error and download available items is to loop over all the items returned in the search and download the files one-by-one, so that errors can be caught and failing items skipped. Is there any other way to batch-download a large set of files and not fail if one or more of those files is not found?
Many thanks
Nathan
I am getting "Not found" errors for a specific granule from Opera-RTC: OPERA_L2_RTC-S1_T090-193301-IW2_20210314T220608Z_20250702T232449Z_S1B_30_v1.0
When I try to download the files from this item, either using the asf_search python library or ASF Vertex, I get File Not Found:
https://search.asf.alaska.edu/#/?zoom=11.598¢er=-56.765,-1.223&polygon=POLYGON((-56.7596%20-1.3915,-56.4491%20-1.3915,-56.4491%20-1.1164,-56.7596%20-1.1164,-56.7596%20-1.3915))&dataset=OPERA-S1&start=2021-03-14T00:00:00Z&end=2021-03-14T23:59:59Z&resultsLoaded=true&granule=OPERA_L2_RTC-S1_T090-193301-IW2_20210314T220608Z_20250702T232449Z_S1B_30_v1.0
I have no problems downloading the adjacent bursts (T090-193300-IW2, T090-193302-IW2) or any others from a broader search in the same AOI and time period - this seems to be a one-off failure. Can you explain why this is missing, or is there any property to flag that this is "bad"?
Unfortunately for programmatic access, the asf_search.download_urls method does not seem to handle such errors where a single item is not found, yet the rest of the items found in a search can be downloaded. The only way I can see to handle this error and download available items is to loop over all the items returned in the search and download the files one-by-one, so that errors can be caught and failing items skipped. Is there any other way to batch-download a large set of files and not fail if one or more of those files is not found?
Many thanks
Nathan