CALIPSO Search and Subsetting requests successfully submitted but no confirmation/download emails received
CALIPSO Search and Subsetting requests successfully submitted but no confirmation/download emails received
Hello,
I am experiencing an issue with the CALIPSO Search and Subsetting Web Application.
After logging in with my Earthdata Login account and submitting a CALIPSO data subsetting request, I do not receive any confirmation email or download email. The webpage also does not appear to provide an order number or job ID after submission.
I am attempting to request the CALIPSO Lidar Level 2 Version 5.00 5 km Aerosol Profile product:
CAL_LID_L2_05kmAPro-Standard-V5-00
I selected only a limited number of variables and a relatively short temporal range.
I have checked my inbox, spam, and junk folders, but I have not received any messages related to the request.
I also previously attempted to contact ASDC User Services by email, but the message could not be delivered because the connection to the earthdata.nasa.gov mail server timed out.
Could you please check whether there is currently an issue with the CALIPSO subsetting service or its email notification system?
If account-specific information is required to investigate the request, I would prefer to provide it privately rather than post it publicly on the forum.
Thank you for your assistance.
I can provide the approximate submission date/time, selected date range, and other request details privately if needed.
I am experiencing an issue with the CALIPSO Search and Subsetting Web Application.
After logging in with my Earthdata Login account and submitting a CALIPSO data subsetting request, I do not receive any confirmation email or download email. The webpage also does not appear to provide an order number or job ID after submission.
I am attempting to request the CALIPSO Lidar Level 2 Version 5.00 5 km Aerosol Profile product:
CAL_LID_L2_05kmAPro-Standard-V5-00
I selected only a limited number of variables and a relatively short temporal range.
I have checked my inbox, spam, and junk folders, but I have not received any messages related to the request.
I also previously attempted to contact ASDC User Services by email, but the message could not be delivered because the connection to the earthdata.nasa.gov mail server timed out.
Could you please check whether there is currently an issue with the CALIPSO subsetting service or its email notification system?
If account-specific information is required to investigate the request, I would prefer to provide it privately rather than post it publicly on the forum.
Thank you for your assistance.
I can provide the approximate submission date/time, selected date range, and other request details privately if needed.
Filters:
-
ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
- Subject Matter Expert

- Posts: 176
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:55 pm America/New_York
- Endorsed: 10 times
Re: CALIPSO Search and Subsetting requests successfully submitted but no confirmation/download emails received
Hello @xy_albert,
We see that you recently submitted three orders on September 23rd,
ASDC Subset Order CALIPSO_87550
ASDC Subset Order CALIPSO_87549
ASDC Subset Order CALIPSO_87548
Could you provide the date and if possible the time when you submitted that order?
Thanks
We see that you recently submitted three orders on September 23rd,
ASDC Subset Order CALIPSO_87550
ASDC Subset Order CALIPSO_87549
ASDC Subset Order CALIPSO_87548
Could you provide the date and if possible the time when you submitted that order?
Thanks
Re: CALIPSO Search and Subsetting requests successfully submitted but no confirmation/download emails received
Hello Cheyenne,
Thank you for checking.
I submitted multiple CALIPSO subsetting requests and tried the service several times, so unfortunately I do not remember the exact submission time for each request.
The three orders you found (CALIPSO_87548, CALIPSO_87549, and CALIPSO_87550) may correspond to some of my attempts on September 23rd. However, I also submitted several other requests while testing the service because I did not receive any confirmation or download emails.
For all of these attempts, I did not receive any confirmation, processing, or download emails.
Could you please check the status of these three orders and, if possible, whether there are any other CALIPSO subset requests associated with my account? I would also appreciate it if you could let me know whether the completed data or download links can still be accessed.
If any account-specific information is needed, I would prefer to provide it privately rather than post it publicly on the forum.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Albert
Thank you for checking.
I submitted multiple CALIPSO subsetting requests and tried the service several times, so unfortunately I do not remember the exact submission time for each request.
The three orders you found (CALIPSO_87548, CALIPSO_87549, and CALIPSO_87550) may correspond to some of my attempts on September 23rd. However, I also submitted several other requests while testing the service because I did not receive any confirmation or download emails.
For all of these attempts, I did not receive any confirmation, processing, or download emails.
Could you please check the status of these three orders and, if possible, whether there are any other CALIPSO subset requests associated with my account? I would also appreciate it if you could let me know whether the completed data or download links can still be accessed.
If any account-specific information is needed, I would prefer to provide it privately rather than post it publicly on the forum.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Albert
-
ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
- Subject Matter Expert

- Posts: 176
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:55 pm America/New_York
- Endorsed: 10 times
Re: CALIPSO Search and Subsetting requests successfully submitted but no confirmation/download emails received
Hello @xy_albert,
We do not see these orders that you have submitted in our database besides the three that I mentioned. We did experience some unplanned downtime last week, which may be the underlying cause. Could you try submitting another request? If you are experiencing the same issue, we will look into the source of this problem.
Thanks
We do not see these orders that you have submitted in our database besides the three that I mentioned. We did experience some unplanned downtime last week, which may be the underlying cause. Could you try submitting another request? If you are experiencing the same issue, we will look into the source of this problem.
Thanks
Re: CALIPSO Search and Subsetting requests successfully submitted but no confirmation/download emails received
Hello Cheyenne,
Thank you for the update.
I tried submitting another CALIPSO subsetting request today, using only a short date range and a small number of variables, but I am still experiencing the same issue.
After submitting the request, I did not receive any confirmation email, order information, or download email. The webpage also did not provide an order number or job ID after submission.
So the issue appears to still be reproducible on my side. Could you please look into the source of the problem?
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Albert
Thank you for the update.
I tried submitting another CALIPSO subsetting request today, using only a short date range and a small number of variables, but I am still experiencing the same issue.
After submitting the request, I did not receive any confirmation email, order information, or download email. The webpage also did not provide an order number or job ID after submission.
So the issue appears to still be reproducible on my side. Could you please look into the source of the problem?
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Albert
-
ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
- Subject Matter Expert

- Posts: 176
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:55 pm America/New_York
- Endorsed: 10 times
Re: CALIPSO Search and Subsetting requests successfully submitted but no confirmation/download emails received
Hello @xy_albert,
We see the order you submitted in our database as well as the order confirmation email and the email with link to the data. We are not sure what the issue is yet, but we are looking into the matter and will get back to you soon.
Thanks
We see the order you submitted in our database as well as the order confirmation email and the email with link to the data. We are not sure what the issue is yet, but we are looking into the matter and will get back to you soon.
Thanks
-
ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
- Subject Matter Expert

- Posts: 176
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:55 pm America/New_York
- Endorsed: 10 times
Re: CALIPSO Search and Subsetting requests successfully submitted but no confirmation/download emails received
Hello @xy_albert,
We believe the issue has been resolved. Can you confirm by submitting another request and see if you receive any emails.
Thanks
We believe the issue has been resolved. Can you confirm by submitting another request and see if you receive any emails.
Thanks