Fail to calibrate Viirs JPSS2 data
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:41 am America/New_York
Hi,
I was trying to use the command $home/ocssw/bin/calibrate_viirs ifile=./JPSS2_VIIRS.20260730T160000.L1A.nc l1bfile_mod=JPSS2_VIIRS.20260730T160000.L1B.nc to make the L1b file for Viirs JPSS2, and got the following error message. When I looked at the $home/ocssw/var/ directory, I don't see a viirsj2 folder there even though I installed the viirsj2 files in the installation. Could someone please help on the issue? Thanks a lot in advance.
VcstCmnLutInputItem:: Failure opening LUT file: $home/ocssw/var/viirsj2/cal/OPER/VIIRS_J2_CMN_LUT_v1.1.0.0_20220930_vcst.nc
VcstCmnLutInputItem:: Failure reading netCDF file for LUT PLATFORM_LUT
VcstCmnGeo::LUT initialization failure
VcstObc:: CmnGeo initialization failure
VcstViirsCal::Granule initialization failure
Main:: Calibration initialization failure
I was trying to use the command $home/ocssw/bin/calibrate_viirs ifile=./JPSS2_VIIRS.20260730T160000.L1A.nc l1bfile_mod=JPSS2_VIIRS.20260730T160000.L1B.nc to make the L1b file for Viirs JPSS2, and got the following error message. When I looked at the $home/ocssw/var/ directory, I don't see a viirsj2 folder there even though I installed the viirsj2 files in the installation. Could someone please help on the issue? Thanks a lot in advance.
VcstCmnLutInputItem:: Failure opening LUT file: $home/ocssw/var/viirsj2/cal/OPER/VIIRS_J2_CMN_LUT_v1.1.0.0_20220930_vcst.nc
VcstCmnLutInputItem:: Failure reading netCDF file for LUT PLATFORM_LUT
VcstCmnGeo::LUT initialization failure
VcstObc:: CmnGeo initialization failure
VcstViirsCal::Granule initialization failure
Main:: Calibration initialization failure