Differences in Aqua MODIS L3M 4 km daily chlorophyll-a data
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:51 pm America/New_York
I noticed a difference in the Aqua MODIS L3M 4 km daily chlorophyll-a data for the Mississippi Bight (Northern Gulf of America) during summer 2025 (may to September).
The dataset I downloaded in May 2026 shows higher chlorophyll-a values, whereas the dataset I downloaded in September 2026 shows lower values for the exact same dates.
Could this difference be related to the mini-reprocessing conducted in July 2026, or was there any calibration or processing change that may have affected the chlorophyll-a values?
The dataset I downloaded in May 2026 shows higher chlorophyll-a values, whereas the dataset I downloaded in September 2026 shows lower values for the exact same dates.
Could this difference be related to the mini-reprocessing conducted in July 2026, or was there any calibration or processing change that may have affected the chlorophyll-a values?