SeaWiFS telemetry anomoly

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
genecarlfeldman
Answers: 0

SeaWiFS telemetry anomoly

by genecarlfeldman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:03 am America/New_York

Update as of 8 April 2008

Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 06:10:04 -0400
To: ocean-color@seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov

Folks,
I was waiting for the official announcement from GeoEye before I wanted to give another update and here it is. Also, I am happy to announce that coinciding with this is the fact that NASA has exercised its option for another year of global SeaWiFS data (GAC) starting on April 12, 2008.
Regards,
gene

Dear OrbView-2 SeaWiFS Users,

GeoEye is happy to announce that OV2 returned to imaging service last Friday Afternoon after turning on the SeaWiFs sensor.  Imagery was collected throughout the weekend and daily imagery operations are enabled. 

Both GAC and HRPT images have been collected and while first looks are promising, there are still details to be refined before we declare everything as normal. The process of certifying both the geometric and radiometric accuracy and validity of the data with NASA is beginning and is likely to continue throughout the month.

We appreciate your patience during this process and we will advise if there is any change in status.

Best Regards,

GeoEye

Tags: